1. We are a sentimental people. We like a few kind words better than millions of dollars given in a humiliating way.
-GAMAL ABDEL NASSER (1918-1970).
2. 'My final prayer: O my body make me always a man who questions'.
3. The person who is not hungry says the coconut has a hard shell.
-African tribal saying.
4. It is men of matured years who know best. Of the very old men only one or two are wise, the ignorant are in the majority. Moreover, if you wish to ask them about something and you don't go about it in the right way you will never get the truth from them.
- Akiga, a Tiv local historian.
5. The real meaning of war is: no reconciliation, no peace, no mercy, no understanding and no civility. It means that man has resorted to force.
- Colonel Muammar Ghaddafi.
6. The tree of liberty needs to be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and...TYRANTS...
7. Women are like bees. When you treat them well, they give you honey but treat them bad and they will'll sting you.
8. No matter how wise a man is, he cannot count the hairs on his head.
-African tribal saying.
9. However tall a tree may be, it can not stop the sun from shining.
- African tribal saying.
10. The hardest lesson of my life has come to me late. It is that a nation can win freedom without its people becoming free.
-Joshua Nkomo (1917-1999)
11. Education. And rigorous punishment for those who feel, not 'I'm right, you 're wrong', but 'I'm right, you're dead.'
12. I hate funerals, they remind me of my undeniable mortality.
13. Throughout history, it has always been been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it matters most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph
14. Rather than have a monster child meet a shameful death in the market place; it is best that the mother strangles it in the secret recesses of the home.
15. It is untenable to claim that, because these mass killers implicated, and persist in invoking the banner oof Islam, seeking legitimization and a killing rapture from that religion, that Islam is therefore under indictment.
- Wole Soyinka (in Power and Freedom)
16. Beauty without a good character is like a ferrari without an engine.
- Rexhenrex (January 19, 2016)
...EXPECT MORE AFRICAN QUOTES.
Back to Home Page